All references and calls to external resources must be absolute and recieved over SSL/TSL, which means that it begins with https://
Used domains must have valid SSL-certificates.
Ads must work in current versions of the browsers listed below, which has to be tested and ensured by the ad producer:
- Internet Explorer
- - Mozilla Firefox
- - Safari
- - Opera
- - Google Chrome
- Sound is only to be activated by click - not mouse over.
- Sound must have an on/off button.
- SUBMISSION OF AD MATERIAL
- Ad material must be delivered to DN no later than:
- * 3 working days before the campaign starts for regular ad formats
- * 5-15 workingdays before the campaign starts for special formats
- (contact Adops for further information)
- If the ad material is submitted too late we cannot guarantee planned campaign start.
- Ad material is sent to email@example.com
- State information below when you deliver ad material:
- - What advertiser and campaign the ad material refer to
- - Start- and end date
- - Landing-URL's
- - Contactperson and contact information
- Other demands
- The ad producer is responsible for functionalities and design of the ad.
- The ad must not be designed in a way that it can be mistaken for editorial content.
- The material must not contain code that can be damaging to the user.
Welcome Page / Massive
Is always delivered with a frequency of 1 per day.
WELCOME PAGE MATERIAL SIZE
Max size display: 300kB
Max size video: 2000kB
The material has to be responsive. It means that the ad adjusts accordingly to size of the webreader window's inner size (viewport), with sustained viewability and functionality. Remember that a webreader window's viewport has a wider aspect ratio than screen resolutions, when also accounting for the os and the web readers toolbar.
Sound must be activated by a mouse click - not mouse over. The sound must have an on/off button.
Rollercoaster is a Rich Media format that splits a site in half and expands a full screen image as the consumer navigates downwards. If the consumer continues scrolling downwards, the site disappears upwards. The format can also be closed by clicking on a “Close” button.
- 1 background image in 980x1000 px, in jpg or png and max 150kb - 1 foreground image in 980x1000 px, in png with transparent background and max 150 kb.* - Click links and measurements tags.
*Please place important content (Logo, CTA etc) in the foreground image.
Rollercoaster is a Rich Media format that consist of two images that splits a site in half and expands in full screen as the consumer navigates down- wards. If the consumer continues scrolling downwards, the site disappears upwards. The two images in the ad move independently of each other, creating a feeling of depth. The format can also be closed by clicking on a “Close” button.
Adssets can measure (among other things):
- Impressions - Unique impressions - CTR/CTA
- Engaging impressions (engagement)
- Viewable impressions (in screen)
- Viewable time (in screen time) - Engaging time (dwell time)
- External link (CTR)
- 1 background image in 640x1024 px, in jpg or png and max 40kb
- 1 foreground image in 640x1024 px, in png with transparent background and max 100 kb.*
- Click links and measurements tags
*Please place important content in the foreground image.
Panorama Split Video
Split Video is a video format that plays a silent looping video in one part of an ad space and displays and image in the other part. As the consumer clicks on the equalizer symbol, the video plays with audio. External link upon click on anything in the video except the video.
- 1 image in 980x240 px, in jpg or png and max 60kb*.
- 1 video in 16:9 aspect ratio, in MP4, WebM and Ogv. Max 2 mb each.
- Click links and measurements tags.
*Video will take up 426x240 px of the image. Please specify video placement in the order.
Mobil Split Video
Split Video is a video format that plays a silent looping video in one half of an ad space and displays and image in the other half. As the consumer clicks on the equalizer symbol, the video plays with audio. External link upon click on anything in the video except the video.
- 1 image in 640x640 px, in jpg or png and max 40kb*.
- 1 video in 16:9 aspect ratio, in MP4 and max 2 mb.
- Click links and measurements tags.
*Video will take up 640x360 px (320x180) of the image.
- Max 5 olika bilder
- Exklusivt fysiskt material (JPF, GIF, PNG)
- Möjlighet att integrera 3:e-parts click- och imps-mätning
- Swipe-funktionen är användar-initierad
Format: Video file in optional file format in dimensions 16:9.
Sound: The video may include sound. It will always play without sound when started, with the option for the visitor to enable sound.
Click link: Besides the video file, we need a landing-URL for clicks.
HTML5 ad material
We use Adtoma Fusion as our ad serving system and the guidelines below are written to work with this system.
We use friendly iframes as our way of delivery.
- It is not allowed to break out from iframe (frame busting).
Contact Adops if the format demands it.
- Animation of elements may not exceed 30 seconds.
- Ad materials have to start rendering of visual elements within 0.5 seconds
- Average processor usage has to be a maximum of 30%, with a maximum peak fo 60%.
- Maximum amount of requests are 15 per ad material.
- The main file of the material must be namned index.html.
- Relative sources are to be used for resources and files in the material.
- References to external resources ¹ must be absolute and start with https//: and must support SSL/TLS.
- It is not allowed to prevent scrolling ².
- Geo Location and similar Web API:s that demands the approval of the user may only be used after user interaction.
¹ Such as CDN and external font libraries.
² Do not use TouchStart as trigger for interaction
(since TouchStart is triggered by scrolling)
We measuer the total weight of the material since HTML5 consists of several different resources and we test how every resource is loaded and in what order.
You can choose to use whitelisted CDN:s, but these will be counted for in the total file size of the material.
Important: If your material demands that the limit is exceeded, contact Ad-ops in time.
Note that measuring scripts and scripts from 3rd parties, such as Google, Sizmek and Adform is counted for as part of the total weight.
That means that you as an ad creator cannot use all of the total weight of the material when you deliver materials including measuring scripts or deliver through a 3rd party, since the measuring script and/or the 3rd party script will take some of the total weight.
Remember that it is possible to load extra resources after user interaction. These resources are not counted for in the initial size limitations.
Bonnier News test all material through Advalidation.com according to specific parameters. Materials that fail in tests will not be approved.
- Never animate hidden elements.
- Try to reduce the number of requests.
- Avoid loading heavy material such as video before user interaction.
STRUCTURE, PACKAGING AND DELIVERY
Since HTML cannot be compressed and delivered as one file it is important to consider the file structure.
The material should be based on an index-file that is named index.html.
When delivering multiple ads, these are to be packaged in individual zip-files.
HTML5 click counting
To enable click tracking in our ad server our ad script file must be included in the index.html:
The script must load before any references to clickTag variable is made.
1) Destination URL’s are administrated by the Fusion system
This enables the ad-trafficker to easily change the URL if needed, without having to update the html code.
This should then be changed to:
If you have several different destination URL’s in the ad then use clickTag2, clickTag3…
– The destination URL’s will be included in the Fusion system when booking the ad and sent to the html file.
2) The destination URL’s must remain hardcoded in the ad
For instance if URL’s are dynamically created or similar. Then clickTag can be added before the destination URL instead, like this:
or like this:
In case the destination URL’s uses characters like ? or & please encode the URL’s like this:
Notify Adops if the link is hard coded in the ad material.
DN.se - Desktop
Checklist for publishing of Alcohol ads
Detailed information about checklist for publishing of alcohol ads
The checklist is valid for all ads that DN accepts no matter where it is published.
Marketing of alcoholic beverages are not to be pushy, outreaching or inviting to use of alcohol.